Dr. Ravindra Joshi, MD, FAAOS, FRCSC
Dr. Ravindra Joshi is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who has served the needs of patients in northwestern North Dakota for the past several years. He is board certified by American, Canadian, British, and Indian examining bodies, including the American Board of Physician Specialists, The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Intercollegiate Board Certification in Orthopedic Surgery, UK and Ireland, and National Board, India. He completed advanced medical education through his Master of Orthopedic Surgery Degrees from the University of Liverpool, UK, and the University of Bombay, India, and completed orthopedic residency at St. Thomas and Guy’s Hospital Orthopedic Program in London.
He received advanced training through fellowship training in Total Joint Replacement Surgery at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center and New York Orthopedic Hospital. Dr. Joshi is actively involved as a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of North Dakota teaching medical students and residents.
Dr. Joshi embodies training that is second to none and provides “patient-first” and “patient-centered” high-quality orthopedic care to Watford City and surrounding communities.
"Dr. Ramage has been working side by side with all stakeholders of MCHS for many years. He has been committed to the healthcare system during his tenure. I am one of the many whose life was saved as a result of his exceptional ability to diagnose a life-threatening brain bleed. Our community is grateful for Dr. Ramage."
— Patsy Levang; Keene, ND
"I write this letter to the administration of Connie Wold Wellness Center. I was a client there getting rehabilitation for my Stroke and diagnosis of Parkinson's disease. I just want to express my sincere appreciation to the expert professional personnel there. I learned a lot from the Wellness Center while I was getting rehab sessions that will benefit me for the duration of my life. "
— Mr. Lone Fight III; ND
"I had surgery on a torn meniscus in Feb 2022 and the entire process was very pleasant and professional. My surgery was done by Dr. Joshi and the referral by Dr. Tomjack. I found both to be very professional. Following the surgery I was forwarded to the Connie Wold Fitness Center for physical therapy and the therapist there that I worked with were professional and knowledgeable. The entire experience was positive and I’m the most excited about the fact that all took place right in Watford City. No more traveling to Bismarck for medical appointments!"
— Marco Pelton; Watford City, ND
"I wanted to thank the hospital staff and doctors for the amazing care I received during my unexpected stay. Your professional care is beyond words. The nurses were very kind and helpful and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable, and my needs were met ...Again thank you from the bottom of my and my family’s heart. God bless each and every one of you!"
— Ernest Lambert; Belcourt, ND
"I had a very good experience with my knee surgery performed by Dr. Joshi. He is very friendly and made me feel very safe about the operation. Recovery was quicker than I anticipated. I highly recommend Dr. Joshi. 5 Stars"
— Kelly Peterson; Watford City, ND
"Dr. Ravindra Joshi performed a total hip replacement on me in September 2020. I never imagined what a total success it would be. I'm back walking, hiking, and enjoying life without pain. An added bonus to my surgery was the outstanding care I received in the hospital, at physical therapy, and the long term follow up by Dr. Joshi and his associates."
— Ron Anderson; Keene, ND
"It's never easy to see our parents and loved ones age out of staying in their own homes, but our experience with both my mother-in-law, Olga Anderson, and our aunt, Helen Muirhead, showed us this next stage of life can be filled with joy and contentment. BothOlga and Helen lived in the Horizon Assisted Living and later in the Good Shepherd Home. The Horizon facility is beautiful, and Helen was lucky to move into the newly constructed GSH. But the best part of their life in both places was the personal, wonderful loving care they received from the entire staff. The staff treated our loved ones with complete love; we could ask for nothing more."
— Myra Anderson; Keene, ND
"My mother received wonderful care at the Good Shepherd Home where she was surrounded by loving, caring professionals every day. Although I live in Alabama, moving her here was never a consideration. The quality of care provided at the Good Shepherd Home cannot be matched. My 103-year-old mother was tended for and loved like she was a family member."
— Evelyn Wilson; Huntsville, AL
Dr. Joshi has Specialized Skills in:
- Total Joint Replacement – Partial, Total, and Reverse Techniques
- Hip Replacements by Direct Anterior Approach using computerized navigation (Joint Point Navigation)
- Knee Replacements with training in robotic surgery
- Shoulder replacements including reverse and total anatomic
- Trauma surgery using latest techniques
- Shoulder surgery, including rotator cuff repairs using advanced augmentation and superior capsule reconstruction techniques
- Hand surgery, including carpal tunnel surgery with mini-open technique, as well as surgery for Ganglion Cysts, Trigger Finger Release, and Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Foot surgery, including Bunion and Claw Toe surgery, ingrown toenails, and excision of lumps and bumps
- Non-operative modalities, including Coolief radio-frequency ablation, cortisone injections, and viscosupplementation injections
- miniBunion™ Surgery
Awards & Accolades
- Clinical Assistant Professor – University of North Dakota
- Foot and Ankle Masters Course
- Robotic Knee Replacement Training
- Foot and Ankle Cadaveric Dissection Course and Hands-On Workshop
Education & Certifications
- Fellowship Training, Total Joint Replacement Surgery — Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center and New York Orthopedic Hospital
- Orthopedic Residency — St. Thomas and Guy’s Hospital Orthopedic Program; London, UK
- Master of Orthopedic Surgery Degrees — University of Liverpool; Liverpool, UK and University of Bombay; India
- Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery — American Board of Physician Specialists
- Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery — The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery — Intercollegiate Board of Certification in Orthopedic Surgery, UK and Ireland
- Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery — National Board, India
Dr. Joshi's Favorite Things to do in McKenzie County:
- Visiting Museums and appreciating ND history
- Being a part of local community events
- Trying out and enjoying restaurants
- Establishing successful rural outreach clinics